About this courseSkip About this course
Data is the lifeblood of an organization. Competency in programming is an essential skill for successfully extracting information and knowledge from data.
The goal of this course is to introduce learners to the basics of programming in Python and to give a working knowledge of how to use programs to deal with data.
In this course, we will first cover the basics of programming and then focus on using Python on the entire data management process from data acquisition to analysis of data big data and small data.
This is an intensive hands-on course that will equip and reward learners with proficiency in data management skills.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Become familiar with working with relational databases, using SQL based languages such as MySql, dealing with formatted data (XML, JSON, etc.)
- Use Python to work with and analyze data from databases as well as from the web
- Week 1: Python review
- Week 2: Python review
- Week 3: Data interchange formats: JSON and XML
- Week 4: Web scraping and web crawling
- Week 5: Database basics: Relational databases
- Week 6: SQL
- Week 7: Data analysis and visualization I
- Week 8: Data analysis and visualization II
- Week 9: Text mining
- Week 10: Analysis of networks
- Week 11: Machine learning: Part 1
- Week 12: Machine learning: Part 2
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$249.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.