About this courseSkip About this course
We will study how school leaders work strategically to develop organisations that are driven towards a clear shared vision, with motivated staff, engaged students, and a supportive school community. You will be encouraged to study leadership in your own workplace and find out how leadership impacts on learning.
You will reflect on your own leadership strengths and opportunities and develop a 21 day plan for personal leadership growth.
This course is aimed at school teachers in leadership roles who are looking to advance their career as a:
- head teacher
- assistant or deputy principal
- organisational leader
- or in educational policy or advisory roles.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Analyse and critique strategic leadership practices and philosophies of current and former organisational leaders
- Apply and assess strategic leadership insights in your professional practice.
- Identify processes and practices to further develop personal leadership capacity by incorporating knowledge from leaders studied in the course.
- Understanding the behaviours of effective leaders.
- A review of ‘Bringing the Good Weather’
- Analysing observations from educational organisation leaders along the ‘Bringing the Good Weather’ capacities
- Applying research on leadership
- Using the ‘Bringing the Good Weather' framework to conduct field work
- Interviews with organisation leaders to gain insights in areas of needed growth
- Developing your plan for capacity building. Synthesising insights from interviews into a 21-day action plan for your own leadership development.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $149.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally