About this courseSkip About this course
Database Systems have become fundamental in information management systems, contributing to the development of an increasingly knowledge-based society. All modern IT applications now exploit a database for storing, processing and retrieving information. The course illustrates the basic concepts for understanding not only database models and their evolution, but also the principles of their conceptual, logical and physical design within so-called information systems. The SQL language for interaction with a relational database is then presented and the problems of designing systems that interact with databases are introduced. Finally, the technologies of modern database systems are described by using the Oracle DBMS.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- alla comprensione della teoria relazionale dei dati
- all’analisi, progetto, implementazione di sistemi di basi di dati relazionali a supporto di applicazioni reali
- all’uso del linguaggio di programmazione SQL per quanto attiene la definizione e la manipolazione di data base.
In this course, the students will be introduced to:
• the relational data theory;
• the analysis, design and implementation of relational databases in real applications;
• the use of SQL programming language for databases definition and manipulation.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $60.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally