About this courseSkip About this course
In the modern workplace, it’s crucial to know how to analyze, synthesize, and tell stories with data. This self-paced career development course will help you learn how to use a spreadsheet application (like Microsoft Excel) as a powerful analytical and communication tool. You will perform real-world market and financial analyses and practice presenting your findings visually for maximum impact. By the end of the course, you will be able to make data-driven decisions that help your organization grow and prosper.
This is the fourth course in Fullbridge’s four-part Career Development XSeries, designed to prepare you to succeed in the modern workplace.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to use spreadsheet applications like Microsoft Excel to execute basic analyses
- How to determine the most appropriate Excel functions for different tasks
- How to calculate and analyze market size and market share
- How to visualize and communicate data with charts and graphs
- How to critically read visualized data
- How to communicate different types of revenue, cost, and key profitability metrics
Section 0: Course Introduction
Review course logistics, including the course overview, schedule, components, grading, and support.
Section 1: Spreadsheet Basics with Excel
Learn strategies and techniques that will enable you to effectively use spreadsheet applications like Excel to perform basic analyses.
Section 2: Market Analysis
Familiarize yourself with market analysis and learn how to visualize data in a persuasive, honest way.
Section 3: Financial Analysis
Master how to plan and execute effective financial analyses, including how to evaluate investments.
Section 4: Final Assessment and Course Recap
Demonstrate your mastery of the course content in the final assessment.