About this courseSkip About this course
The question is no longer WHY should we take climate action, but rather HOW we can take action. In this course you will learn how to take joint action to understand and address climate change impacts in your landscape or work.
It is widely recognized that there is an interconnection between climate change and biodiversity. With examples from all over the world, you will learn how climate change negatively affects biodiversity and human well-being, but also how biodiversity can play an important role in adaptation and mitigation efforts. With the support of professionals from various fields you will be guided from analysis to identifying innovate climate solutions at landscape level.
Join this course if you want to:
- Understand how climate change is impacting you and your landscape
- Know how to mobilize collaboration among landscape actors
- Learn from nature-based climate solutions from around the world
- Get practical support in taking some first steps in climate action in your landscape
Get your discount now!
The MOOC is free if you subscribe to this MOOC and select the audit track. However, we offer you full access to the verified track (including certificate) for EUR 67, - (normal price EUR 88,-) for this brand new MOOC. If you subscribe to the course and upgrade before 8 May 2020 the discount is yours.
Sustainable and Inclusive Landscapes
This course is also part of the Sustainable and Inclusive Landscapes Professional Certificate Programme. Following the complete programme lets you harness the power of place and advance your career as a landscape leader. The programme consists of the following courses, which can be taken in any given order:
- Landscape Leadership: Catalyse sustainable development in landscapes
- Landscape Finance: Investing in Innovation for Sustainable Landscapes
- Landscape Governance: Collaborating Across Sectors and Scales
- Climate Action in Biodiverse Landscapes (this course)
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- You can explain the basic principles of climate change and its impacts on biodiversity, business and sustainable development within a landscape
- You canapply participatory tools and methods to assess climate vulnerabilities and adaptation and mitigation strategies to support landscape decision making
- You can design innovative collaborative landscape interventions that combat climate change and identify potential sources of climate finance
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$75.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally