About this courseSkip About this course
In this course, you will critically examine the evidence on the impact of practicing conscious capitalism on the tangible and intangible well-being of all stakeholders. This begins with an in-depth look at the four key tenets of conscious capitalism: higher purpose, stakeholder orientation, conscious leadership, and conscious culture.
Through discussions and exercises, you and your global peers will develop an understanding and appreciation for systems thinking, and you'll learn why it is an integral discipline contributing to the practice of Conscious Capitalism. You'll explore ways to transform a conventional business into a conscious business. Finally, you will have the opportunity to practice the fundamental elements of personal transformation that must accompany any effort to implement Conscious Capitalism.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- The definition of “Conscious Capitalism” and how to distinguish it from a conventional perspective on business
- How Conscious Capitalism goes beyond Shared Value Capitalism, sustainability, Triple Bottom Line, corporate social responsibility, and other related ideas
- How to critically examine the evidence of the impact of practicing Conscious Capitalism on the material, physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of all stakeholders
- Ways to operationalize each of the four tenets of Conscious Capitalism: higher purpose, stakeholder orientation, conscious leadership, and conscious culture.
- How to develop an understanding and appreciation for systems thinking as a foundational discipline for the practice of Conscious Capitalism
- The steps required to help conventional businesses transform into conscious businesses
- How to become a more conscious human being, overall
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $49.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally