About this courseSkip About this course
Politics impact all of us. Everyday, political decisions impact many areas of our lives. In the 21st century, multiple paradoxes blur our vision of these decisions.
- In which context are these decisions made?
- What is power in a multi-level society?
- Does the state remain the main political actor, if it is in competition with international and regional organizations?
- Can democracy – pushed forward by the international community – coexist with authoritarian, or even totalitarian, regimes?
- What is the role of ideologies in contemporary politics?
The course aims at understanding and explaining political phenomena from a critical standpoint.
The course material and exercises are in English but please note that the videos are in French with English subtitles.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Define and explain concepts of political science
- Link concepts with their authors and, more broadly, with the concrete phenomena they refer to
- Understand how to analyze political events
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$50.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally