About this courseSkip About this course
Successful entrepreneurship ultimately comes down to three questions:
- Are you solving a real problem?
- Do you have a superior solution?
- Can you sustainably deliver the solution?
The course series Entrepreneurship 101, 102, and 103 addresses these questions one by one.
Entrepreneurship 103 is your guide to creating a profitable business. So you’ll learn more than just entrepreneurship here. You’ll start becoming a business leader.
We’ll expose you to case studies of MIT startup companies and interviews of their founders. So you’ll learn the vital business skills of:
- Designing a business model;
- Pricing your product;
- Building a sales process;
- Measuring your cost of customer acquisition;
- Estimating the lifetime value of your customer.
Entrepreneurship 103 should be of particular interest to you if you are:
- Creating a business-to-business (B2B) product or service;
- Building a multi-sided marketplace;
- Entering a competitive market.
This course is particularly useful for:
- Corporate entrepreneurs developing new businesses;
- Scientists and engineers commercializing new technologies;
- Creators of complex solutions that necessitate design trade-offs;
- Educators, who teach and coach entrepreneurs;
- Policymakers dedicated to strengthening innovation ecosystems
If you can, take Entrepreneurship 103 as a team, for the course will give you a common framework to make decisions, laying the foundation for your long-term success.
Give you best to this course. In return, you will gain the confidence that you can go from your first sale to a profitable business. And that’s priceless.
This course is a pre-requisite to an attend an MIT Bootcamp.
The course is taught by Bill Aulet, Managing Director of the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship and Erdin Beshimov, Senior Director of MIT BootCampus.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand the Decision-Making Unit
- Navigate the Decision-Making Process
- Develop a Pricing Framework
- Map the Sales Process
- Choose or Design a Business Model
- Measure the Cost of Customer Acquisition
- Estimate the Lifetime Value of Your Customer
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$300 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.