About this courseSkip About this course
In this course, part of the Professional Certificate program ‘Risk Management in Banking and Financial Markets’, we will understand the underlying theories as well as the structure and functioning of equity stock markets, how to identify, assess and manage the heightened level of risks in equity stock markets and the role of derivative instruments in hedging those risks.
Equity stock markets are perhaps the most vibrant and ‘visible’ of all financial markets around the world by virtue of the broad spectrum of participants and the volume and value of transactions traded in these markets. Given that dominant presence, assessing and managing risks in equity stock markets have also become increasingly sophisticated over the years, thanks to several theories such as portfolio theory, CAPM, sharp ratio, etc. that have evolved and matured over the years. This course will address in great detail those theories and how risks are managed/mitigated in equity stock markets around the world.
This course will also address the structure and functioning of private equity markets and also provide an overview of a related topic, venture capital financing.
This course is part of IIMBx's Professional Certificate program ‘Risk Management in Banking and Financial Markets’.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- The structure and functioning of equity stock markets
- The theories governing equity stock markets
- The pricing and trading aspects
- The market and regulatory mechanisms governing equity stock markets
- Address the heightened level of embedded risks in global equity stock markets
- Examine how those risks are identified, measured and managed
- Look at derivative products such as futures, swaps and options and their role in not only helping individuals and institutions to hedge against those risks but also to speculate and make additional profits where possible
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally