About this courseSkip About this course
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program which consists of 9 courses and a capstone exam. After completing the program, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (learn more about the program here).
Many global healthcare systems are broken and lack the fundamental components of a system making them costly with poor outcomes. In order to address these challenges and create a sustainable healthcare delivery system that focuses on quality, safety, equity, effectiveness and cost, the next generation of healthcare leaders must be able to know and apply the principles of Population Health.
This course will cover the foundations of population health and lifestyle medicine, define the essential components, and make the argument for why healthcare delivery models based on these foundational principles are essential to addressing global healthcare crises. Given the current employer-based health insurance system, the business case for addressing workforce health will also be made.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Define the concept and components of population health.
- Recognize the need for a population health approach to health care education, delivery and policy.
- Discuss the integration of the four pillars of population health.
- Describe the economic effect of preventable health conditions.
- Recognize that scientific and economic data support the business case for improving workforce health.
- Identify how workforce health has an effect on an organization.
- Identify the roles of the health plan, purchaser, consultant, and specialty vendors in workforce health improvement.
- Identify proven strategies to promote good health and increase employee engagement.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$99 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.