About this courseSkip About this course
Gain an in-depth understanding of the strategic applications of ICT (information and communication technologies) innovations in the hospitality and tourism industry.
You will learn about the roles of ICT infrastructures and tools in shaping business environment, business models, marketing practices, revenue strategies, and customer services.
We will also discuss the dynamics that is generated in the development of ICTs and its impact on hospitality and tourism organizations.
Note that this course is priced at USD $198.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Develop a holistic view of the various knowledge and theories of ICT and innovation management applicable to the hospitality and tourism industry
- Appraise, analyze and evaluate the general impact and applications of ICTs on various sectors in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Critically assess the relationship between the hospitality and tourism industry and its technological macro-environment
- Identify and provide leadership at work in relation to information, technology and innovation management
- Evaluate and implement appropriate ICT and innovation management theories to support hospitality and tourism organizations in enhancing their business
- Communicate and react proactively to industry stakeholders including staff, travelers, government and commercial organizations in the area of ICTs and innovation
- Understand the application of big data analytics for better decision-making in the context of hospitality and tourism industry.
Week 1: An Introduction to IT in Hospitality & Tourism Industry
Develop a holistic view of the impact of ICT in the hospitality and tourism industry.
Week 2: InformationTechnology Adoption & Applications
Introduce the theoretical perspectives on technology adoption and innovation diffusion.
Week 3: Value Creation through IT and Innovation
Discuss the IT-based value creation in hospitality and tourism organizations.
Week 4: IT-based Innovation in Marketing and Operation
Understand why digital advertising matters and how to devise a digital advertising plan.
Evaluate digital advertising applications, create search advertising and display advertising via a certain platform.
Week 5: Business Analytics for Data-based Decision Making in Hospitality and Tourism Organizations
Introduce the concept of data-based decision making and the principles and tools for business analytics.
Discuss data sources and big data applications for decisions in hospitality & tourism organizations.
Week 6: Technology Development and the Future of Hospitality and Tourism Organizations
Discuss destination competitiveness based on IT strategy.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $198.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.