About this courseSkip About this course
This course serves as an introduction to the exciting field of cybersecurity.
As our daily lives become more and more dependent on Internet-based tools and services, and as those platforms accumulate more of our most sensitive data, the demand grows for experts in the field of cybersecurity.
In this course, you will gain an overview of the cybersecurity landscape as well as national (USA) and international perspectives on the field. We will cover the legal environment that impacts cybersecurity as well as predominant threat actors.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Define and use key terms and concepts in the field of cybersecurity;
- Identify and distinguish threat actors and their motivations;
- Match appropriate types of controls to the actions of different threat actors;
- Describe the differences and interactions among international agencies related to cybersecurity;
- Describe at least two potential legal challenges to cybersecurity in your country.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally