About this courseSkip About this course
- What is knowledge management?
- How is knowledge captured, elicited, organized and created in business?
- Managing knowledge at the enterprise, SMBs and personal levels
- Digitalisation and its impact on the workplace, collaborations and new value creation
- What is big data and how can we use data analytics from a laymen perspective?
- What is Open Linked Data and how can it support machine reasoning?
- How can new knowledge be mined from big data?
- What are the technical and social problems with big data?
What are examples of applications and case studies?
The course is offered by the Knowledge Management and Innovation Research Center (KMIRC) of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Most of our research is company and industry based. Capabilities and competencies of the KMIRC are further strengthened by the international alliances it has formed with leading practitioners, many of which are regarded as members of the "Hall of Fame" in knowledge management, and renowned worldwide. The course is suitable for participants with a background in humanities, management, social science, physical science or engineering. No prior technical background is needed.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand the role of Knowledge Management (KM) practitioners in creating business value
- Become familiar with the techniques and tools for capturing, processing, classifying and organizing knowledge
- How to analyze large quantities of data and information through analytics
- How to use Cloud Services to derive new values and business models
- Understand the role of social media and technologies in innovating new business services
- Apply the principles you have learnt to company-based business projects
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $50.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally