About this courseSkip About this course
Explore methods and strategies to critique and rethink organisational practices in education; develop staff and student wellbeing; and use coaching to support and lead change in your workplace.
You will develop leadership capacities in
- flexibility and creative thinking
- conflict resolution
- personnel development, and
- coaching and team building
You will be guided in devising a plan to positively transform your educational organisation and develop your staff.
This course is aimed at school teachers in leadership roles who are looking to advance their career as a:
- head teacher
- assistant or deputy principal
- organisational leader
- or in educational policy or advisory roles.
This course is registered withthe New South Wales Educational Standards Authority (NESA) (Australia). CompletingEDLMx3 Leading for Transformative Change in Educationwill contribute 12hours of NESA Registered PD addressing6.2.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Apply flexible styles of leadership with empowerment and strategic planning
- Identify methods to energise your staff towards the creation of efficient and effective organisations
- Synthesise substantial organisational and micro-political techniques including conflict resolution and personnel development
- Develop coaching capacities to improve your ability to lead your organisational team and effect change.
- Revisiting the 'Bringing the Good Weather' framework
- Rethinking business as usual--analysing policies in your organisation
- Embracing wellbeing inside leadership
- Developing your coaching skills to facilitate change
- Exploring your situational leadership.
- Planning your first 100 days. Articulating your vision and engaging your team
- Presenting your action assessments.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$149.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally