About this courseSkip About this course
In this course, you will explore the core Lifestyle Medicine principles that form the foundation of this emerging field of patient care and learn why the application of lifestyle medicine is needed.
Lifestyle Medicine involves the use of evidence-based lifestyle therapeutic approaches, to prevent, treat, and, oftentimes, reverse the root causes of lifestyle-related, chronic disease that's all too prevalent.
This course will review the role of oxidative stress, microbiome, and epigenetic as root causes of chronic disease and how environmental factors contribute. We will also explore the core lifestyle principles of exercise, sleep, and stress management.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
• Define the key concepts of Oxidative Stress, Microbiome, and Epigenetics
• Identify the role that the Oxidative Stress, Microbiome, and Epigenetics play in human health
• Recognize the interaction of exercise with our overall health
• Recognize how sleep and stress management interacts with our overall health
• Comprehend how the physical environments impact chronic diseases of lifestyle
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$149 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally