About this courseSkip About this course
Interested in learning how to quickly automate basic administrative operations? Windows PowerShell is rapidly becoming the solution that IT Pros turn to with its powerful combination of a scripting language, command line speed, and GUI tools.
This self-paced course is an introduction to Windows PowerShell where you’ll get an opportunity to discover how to create your own scripts for automated batch processing. Learn how to replace manual, repetitive, and time-consuming operations with an automated solution for both local and remote scenarios.
Through videos, discussions, hands-on labs, and assessments you will see why now might be the time to discover Windows PowerShell.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- What is Windows PowerShell and how to access the tool through the Console and the Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE).
- How to use the Windows PowerShell Help, and basic command syntax.
- How the pipeline works, and how to discover object members.
- How to use comparison operators, filtering, and enumeration.
- How to define and use variables and arrays.
- How to access PSProviders and PSDrives, including the file system providers.
- How to use basic and advanced output formatting.
- How to redirect output, and how to use grid views.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally