About this courseSkip About this course
Explore the capabilities of Nano Server as an alternative lightweight OS solution for implementing an agile and cost-effective data center host with a reduced footprint.
Learn to extend the support provided by virtualization for hosting a variety of VMs running different operating systems. And ensure that you can support a highly available virtual environment, using clustering and load balancing technologies.
In addition to having a highly available virtual environment, you need to secure the environment. Explore some of the newest enhancements in Windows Server 2016 to protect your virtualized environment.
This course will also show you how to implement different migration options for moving VMs between Hyper-V hosts.
Through videos, discussions, hands-on labs, and assessments this self-paced course will help you identify and implement the latest Windows Server 2016 virtualization capabilities. Use this course to help you:
- Decide if a career in IT is for you.
- Prepare for an introductory job in Windows Server administration.
- Enhance your existing skills in virtualized environments, such as modern data center and cloud-based systems.
- Study for Microsoft certification tests and badges.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to implement Nano Server.
- How to configure Hyper-V to run VMs with Linux and FreeBSD operating systems.
- How to configure new virtual switch and virtual networking features.
- How shielded VMs and the Host Guardian fabric protect your virtualized environment.
- How to plan backup and recovery strategies for virtualized environments.
- How to reduce downtime with migration strategies like Quick Migration, Live Migration and Hyper-V Replica.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$99 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally