Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
To prepare you for this course, we recommend completing the free 3-hour introductory MOOC Re-Imagine Work - Strategies During COVID-19 and Beyond.
In this course, you will gain a foundational understanding of human-centered design tools, and apply lessons learned to improve your work with others at a distance. Learn how HCD principles can be applied to multiple aspects of working at a distance, and can be used to help decipher complex organizational challenges.
Each module features conversations with experts and/or novices who are seeking to adjust and re-invent their work at home. Examine conversations as a case study, gain key takeaways, and learn to adapt and apply these strategies to your own distributed work situation. You will be taught how to exercise visual thinking and produce visual maps to help frame the specific challenges you are facing.
At the conclusion of the course, verified learners will apply teachings to prototype a solution for a real-life case study.
This course is taught by a UBC professor who has helped over 50 clients from a range of industries decipher “wicked” problems and create scalable MVP’s (minimum viable prototypes).
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Understand the foundational components of human-centered design and how these may be applied to identify problems, generate ideas and propose solutions.
- Use human-centered design tools to tackle distributed work challenges, improve your work with others, and better understand client, colleague and customer needs
- Apply visual thinking to generate solutions for working-at-a-distance with others.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Week 1: Introduction to the human-centered design process and strategies for managing wellness while working with others at a distance. Guest speaker case study: Brent Steven, Physiotherapist.
Week 2: Managing team well-being and improving culture in remote teams. Guest speaker case study: Dr. Kimberly Voll and Andy Moore Game Designers.
Week 3: Deepening your understanding of the needs of colleagues, clients and customers. Guest speaker case study: Kirsten Wicklund Ballet dancer and yoga teacher.
- Prototyping and user-testing your at-a-distance communication technologies. Guest speaker case study: Alana-Thorburn Watt- Photographer/Videographer.
- Culminating capstone assignment: Applying human-centered tools to prototype a solution for a real-world case study of someone struggling to transform how they work with others from a distance. Guest case study: Leonard Vogt- Interior Designer.
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$169 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo