What you will learn
- To apply core methodologies (probability, statistics, optimization) used in supply chain modeling and analysis.
- To understand and use fundamental models to make trade-offs between forecasting, inventory, and transportation.
- To design supply chain networks as well as financial and information flows.
- To understand how supply chains act as systems and interact.
- How technology is used within supply chains from fundamentals to packaged software systems.
- End to end supply chain management.
Courses in this program
Gain expertise in the growing field of Supply Chain Management through an innovative online program consisting of five courses and a final capstone exam. The MicroMasters Program in Supply Chain from MITx is an advanced, professional, graduate-level foundation in Supply Chain Management. It represents the equivalent of one semester's worth of coursework at MIT.
The MicroMasters Credential will showcase your understanding of supply chain analytics, design, technology, dynamics and end-to-end supply chain management. Build on the credential and take advantage of a great opportunity to be accepted into the #1 ranked supply chain management Masters Degree program for a fraction of the cost.
- Supply Chain Management positions growing at nearly 270,000 opportunities per year (source: Fortune and Materials Handling Institute)
- Greater demand for Supply Chain professionals than supply – 6 to 8 management positions available per applicant (source: Fortune and Materials Handling Institute)
- Exciting career opportunities as a Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Analyst, Purchasing Manager, Consultant and more. (source: Fortune and Materials Handling Institute)
- Median salary $80,000 per year (source: Fortune and Materials Handling Institute)
"Walmart is always looking to hire the most talented associates in the world, and completing online courses like the MITx MicroMasters credential in Supply Chain Management is a powerful way for people to learn the important skills required to be successful."
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all five supply chain courses and pass the final capstone exam. For detailed information about the program, please click here.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management are eligible to apply to a number of institutions across the globe to pursue a full Master’s degree. Learn more about all programs listed here or visit the links below.
MIT SCALE Network
MIT Supply Chain Management (USA) – Blended Master's of Applied Science or Engineering in Supply Chain Management
MIT Zaragoza Logistics Center (Spain) – Blended Master of Engineering in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
MIT Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (Malaysia) – Accelerated Master’s of Supply Chain Management
Covenant University (Nigeria) – Master of Business Administration
Curtin University (Australia) – Master of Supply Chain Management and the Master of Commerce (Supply Chain Management)
Deakin University (Australia) – Master of Information Systems & Master of Business Analytics
Doane University (USA) – Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Online MBA)
Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg (Germany) – Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen / Business Administration and Engineering (M.Sc.) and Business Management - Supply Chain Management, Logistik und Produktion (M.A.)
Purdue University (USA) – Master's of Science in Global Supply Chain Management
Reykjavik University (Iceland)
- Master of Business Management
- Master of Science (MSc) in Business Management
- Master of Information Management
- Master of Science (MSc) in Information Management
Rochester Institute of Technology (USA) – Master’s Program in Professional Studies
The Universidad Galileo (Guatemala) – Master in Operations Management
The University of Queensland (Australia) – Master of Business Supply Chain Management Field Study
Griffith University (Australia) – Master of Business Masters of Business Administration in Executive Management
Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University (Thailand) – Master of Business AdministrationUniversidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) (Brazil) – Industrial Engineering Graduate Program
RMIT University (Australia)
Visit the MIT FAQ site for more information.
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from Iran and Cuba will not be able to register for this course. While edX has received a licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer courses to learners from these countries, our licenses do not cover this course. EdX truly regrets that US sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.
How do I pursue the program?
You can purchase every course in the program at a 10% discount using the green “Pursue the Program” button at the top left of this page. You can still take each course in the session that works best for you. After you purchase the program, you’ll have 24 months to select a session for each course. You can also complete and purchase the courses one by one. After you’ve earned a verified certificate from each course in the program, you’ll automatically receive the program credential. You can start each course in the Audit track, then upgrade before the course’s payment deadline for a verified certificate. You don’t need to complete all of the courses at once in order to earn the program credential. Courses will be re-offered on an ongoing basis, and all certificates count towards the program credential. There is no overall deadline to complete the program, but individual courses do have deadlines that you can see when enrolled. The program page lists all future course sessions that we have scheduled at this time. Try looking for the “more dates” option above the enrollment button to see future course listings.