What you will learn
- Evaluate proportions and scale using 3D modeling
- Simulate the effects of light and sciagraphy in internal and external environment
- Represent textures, finishes, and color schemes
- Experiment and optimise render process (final outcome)
- Compose the scene to fine-tune the final output
- Create an accurate 3D visualization of the proposed design
Architects are relying more on 3D software to visualize unbuilt spaces. 3D rendering and architectural visualization can help architects and designers to work in collaboration and better communicate ideas.
This program will introduce the basic concepts of architectural visualization. The program will use Blender, a free and open source tool, to demonstrate these concepts. The courses in this program cover a spectrum of processes such as modeling, texturing, and lighting.
The program has been shot and edited elegantly with slow-paced video tutorials, quizzes, activities, hands-on assignments, and projects.
Courses in this program
IITBombayX's Fundamentals of 3D Architectural Visualization Professional Certificate
- The global architectural rendering software market is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of over 29% until 2020. (Source: Technavio)
- There is increasing demand for 3D visualization in the real estate and interior design field.
- Career prospects for those with similar training include 3D modeler, Architectural visualizer, Interior design visualizer.
Meet your instructors
Architects today use various technologies for visualization. In this regard, IITBombayX program on 3D Architectural Visualization is apt for students to grasp the concepts and the associated skills, to develop their design thinking and to take design decisions. This program equips them professionally in order to cater to the increasing demand for 3D visualization in the real estate and interior design field.