Areas of expertise
- Consciousness, from the standpoints of philosophy, phenomenology, and neuroscience
- Data visualization, sonification, and animation
- Philosophy in Literature
- Subjective Time: The Philosophy, Psychology, and Neuroscience of Temporality (co-edited with Valtteri Arstila), MIT Press, 2014
- Radiant Cool: A Novel Theory of Consciousness, an exploration of consciousness presented as noir detective fiction, MIT Press, 2004
- _Simple Minds, _a philosophical examination of scientific approaches to the mind and brain, Bradford Books/MIT Press,1989
Lloyd’s animations and sonification of brain activity have been presented in New York City, Great Britain, and Austria.
Dan Lloyd is the Thomas C. Brownell Professor of Philosophy and a Professor of Neuroscience at Trinity College, where he has taught since 1987. He received his BA from Oberlin College and his MA, MPhil, and PhD from Columbia University.
Courses and Programs taught by Dan Lloyd
Check back later for new courses!Browse all courses and programs