Dr. Sander Kersten is Full Professor in the Division of Human Nutrition at Wageningen University and holds an adjunct professorship in the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell University. He received his MSc in Human Nutrition from Wageningen University in 1993 and his PhD from Cornell University in 1997.
- Kersten S. (2104) Physiological regulation of lipoprotein lipase. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1841:919-33.
- Stienstra R, Dijk W, Beek L, Jansen H, Heemskerk M, Houtkooper R, Denis S, van Harmelen V, Willems van Dijk K, Tack CJ, Kersten S. (2014) Mannose Binding Lectin is required for the effective clearance of apoptotic cells by adipose tissue macrophages during obesity. Diabetes. 63:4143-53.
- Catoire M, Alex S, Paraskevopulos N, Mattijssen F, Schaart G, Kneppers A, Evers - van Gogh I, Mensink M, Voshol PJ, Olivecrona G, Tan NS, Hesselink MKC, Berbée JF, Rensen PCN, Kalkhoven E, Schrauwen P, Kersten S. (2014) The fatty acid inducible ANGPTL4 governs the lipid metabolic response to acute exercise. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 111:E1043-52.
- Mattijssen F, Alex S, Swarts HJ, Groen AK, van Schothorst EM, Kersten S. (2014) Angptl4 serves as endogenous inhibitor of intestinal lipid digestion. Molecular Metabolism. 3:135-44.
- Lichtenstein L, Mattijssen F, de Wit NJ, Georgiadi A, Hooiveld NJ, van der Meer R, He Y, Qi L, Koster A, Tamsma JT, Tan NS, Müller M, Kersten S. (2010) Angptl4 protects against severe pro-inflammatory effects of dietary saturated fat by inhibiting uptake of fatty acids in mesenteric lymph node macrophages. Cell Metabolism. 12:580-92.