What you will learn
- The fundamental design cycle of computer science and computer programming: writing code, executing it, interpreting the results, and revising the code syntax based on the outcomes.
- Usage of the fundamental atoms of programming: variables, mathematical operators, logical operators, and boolean arithmetic.
- Control structures for developing dynamic programs, including Python libraries: conditionals, loops, functions, and error handling.
- The core data structures for creating useful programs: strings, lists, dictionaries, and file manipulation.
- Previews of the next big topics in computer science: object-oriented programming skills, and computer algorithms.
Courses in this program
GTx's Introduction to Python Programming Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructor from The Georgia Institute of Technology (GTx)
Experts from GTx committed to teaching online learning
David Joyner's Introduction to Computing in Python certificate program shows how an online class can deliver a truly superior instructional experience. With hundreds of authentic practice problems, immediate evaluation, and constant feedback, it is one of the best possible ways for new students to start to learn computer science and Python programming.