What you will learn
- The crucial differences between traditional storytelling and writing for video games.
- The writer and narrative designer’s role in the game development process.
- How to develop characters and write scenes that serve both the narrative and the production of a game.
- How to work with art directors, programmers and level designers to create interactive narratives.
- How to develop an application portfolio and excel at industry-standard writing tests.
Courses in this program
UBCx's Writing for Video Games Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from University of British Columbia (UBCx)
Not only is the content well-produced, but it rings very true regarding the kind of lessons a budding narrative designer/video game writer will benefit from. An applicant who has successfully completed the edX Professional Certificate in Writing for Video Games would have a definite advantage.