What you will learn
- Gather and transform data from multiple sources
- Discover and combine data in mashups
- Learn about data model creation
- Explore, analyze, and visualize data
Excel is one of the most widely used solutions for analyzing and visualizing data. It now includes tools that enable the analysis of more data, with improved visualizations and more sophisticated business logics. In this data science course, you will get an introduction to the latest versions of these new tools in Excel 2016 from an expert on the Excel Product Team at Microsoft.
Learn how to import data from different sources, create mashups between data sources, and prepare data for analysis. After preparing the data, find out how business calculations can be expressed using the DAX calculation engine. See how the data can be visualized and shared to the Power BI cloud service, after which it can be used in dashboards, queried using plain English sentences, and even consumed on mobile devices.
Do you feel that the contents of this course is a bit too advanced for you and you need to fill some gaps in your Excel knowledge? Do you need a better understanding of how pivot tables, pivot charts and slicers work together, and help in creating dashboards? If so, check out DAT205x: Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel.
This course is also a part of the Microsoft Excel for the Data Analyst XSeries.
edX offers financial assistance for learners who want to earn Verified Certificates but who may not be able to pay the fee. To apply for financial assistance, enroll in the course, then follow this link to complete an application for assistance.
Before you start
Understanding of Excel analytic tools such as tables, pivot tables and pivot charts. Also, some experience in working with data from databases and also from text files will be helpful.
- Windows operating system: Windows 7 or later.
- Microsoft Excel on Windows operating system:
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Professional Plus or standalone edition
- Microsoft Excel 2013 Professional Plus or standalone edition
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Other versions of Microsoft Excel are not supported
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Jan 17, 2019