About this course
Data analysis has become critical for success in business. Most major employers are looking for candidates with the ability to analyze, understand, and articulate data analytics.
This foundational business analytics course will provide you with the hands-on skills and knowledge to be able to analyze, present findings, and make meaningful conclusions about data in a business setting. By the end of this course, you will be able to offer valuable insights by recognizing, interpreting, and summarizing your company's data.
The course covers key subjects related to business analytics including Data Collection, Data Visualizations, Descriptive Statistics, Basic Probability, Statistical Inference, and Creating Linear Models.
This course will use real-life datasets from publicly available sources.
What you'll learn
- Basic data types, sampling methods, surveys, and data visualization
- Popular descriptive statistics and basic probability concepts
- Inferential statistics such as confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Basic Excel modeling building for revenue, cost, and profit
- How to apply fundamental analytics to common business decisions
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $49.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally