About this courseSkip About this course
The Capstone Assessment is the last step to complete the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters credential, designed to test knowledge and skills gained in:
• LGDM1x Leaders in Global Development
• LGDM2x The Science & Practice of Sustainable Development
• LGDM3x Adaptive Leadership in Development
• LGDM4x Critical Development Perspectives
Successful completers of the Capstone Assessment willbe awarded the MicroMasters credential.
This credential can be used to support your applicationforThe University of Queensland’s on-campus PostgraduatePrograms in Global Development. More information on these programs, including other entry requirements, is available via UQ.
The Capstone Assessment involves 2 graded components and a further task to demonstrate ownership and originality of your work.
1) A 30 question, multiple choice, open book exam worth 30%. Questions will be drawn from all 4of the Leadership In Global Development MicroMasters courses.The exam will be available throughout the 3 weeks of the Capstone Assessment run and able to be undertaken at any point. Once the exam is commenced, learners will have 90 minutes to complete the exam.
2) Completion of a 3000 word project or program proposal worth 70%. Learners chose one of three case studies, identify one development challenge outlined in the case study, and develop a proposal for a project or program which addresses this development challenge. Guidance will be provided around structure and required information.
3) Prepare, record and upload a 3 minute video presentation, pitching your project or program to a fictitious donor organisation. Not assessable but a mandatory requirement demonstrating your deep and thorough understanding of your proposal and substantiating the project or program as your own original work.
Do not enrol in this course unless you are eligible to do so, having completed and earnt a verified certificate in all four other courses in this MicroMasters series. Ineligible learners will be automatically withdrawn from the Capstone Assessment.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
The Capstone Assessment will allow you to demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired in the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters program.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$270 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.