About this courseSkip About this course
This course uses a dynamic and engaging approach to develop the skills for effective communication in international business settings. This course will include techniques and methods for handling interpersonal encounters in multicultural environments. You will learn best practices in negotiating globally, resolving disputes, and making decisions across cultural boundaries. Working in a global, cross-cultural role requires effective communication with individuals and groups from different parts of the world. The success of a leader depends on his or her ability to work effectively with people who may understand and react to situations differently. Therefore, the ability to communicate effectively is a critical requirement to dispute resolution, decision making and working across multicultural teams. Learners will leave this course with stronger communication skills, knowledge, insights and experiences necessary to be a successful international manager.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Models of culture, communication and cross-cultural communication interactions and how business relationships are impacted
- To develop an empirical understanding of how cultures of the world compare to one another
- To evaluate the impact of cultural differences on managerial communication
- To be an effective communicator in a cross-cultural setting
- Influences of personal and cultural “baggage” on cognitive, affective, and cross-cultural behavioral processes and specific examples of how people communicate in different cultures
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$299 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.