About this course
Understand and master strategies for interpersonal encounters, including conflict resolution, in multicultural environments.
Working in a global, cross-cultural role requires effective communication with individuals and groups from different parts of the world. Your success depends on your ability to work effectively with people who may understand and react to situations differently. Therefore, your ability to communicate effectively is a critical requirement. This course uses a dynamic and engaging approach to develop the skills for effective communication in international business settings. We will cover techniques and methods for handling interpersonal encounters in multicultural environments.
You will leave the course with stronger communication skills, knowledge, insights and experiences necessary to be a successful international manager.
What you'll learn
- Models of culture, communication and cross-cultural communication interactions and how business relationships are impacted
- To develop an empirical understanding of how cultures of the world compare to one another
- To evaluate the impact of cultural differences on managerial communication
- To be an effective communicator in a cross-cultural setting
- Influences of personal and cultural “baggage” on cognitive, affective, and cross-cultural behavioral processes and specific examples of how people communicate in different cultures
Meet your instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.