Critical Business Skills
Effectively analyzing and communicating important information is a crucial skill set required for success in any organization. By applying business research skills and data analysis, you’ll address complex problems in order to make informed business decisions. You’ll also explore various techniques and forms of professional communications and their uses in business contexts.
There is one session available:
Critical Business Skills
About this courseSkip About this course
In this course, you’ll gain core, critical business skills needed for success in any organization through analyzing various types of data and communicating the results of their analyses to diverse stakeholders.
Business analytics, which combines data analysis with industry knowledge to solve business problems and discover insights, is integrated throughout the course to ensure you’re able to support stakeholders at all levels of an organization. This course also involves formulating appropriate research questions and developing compelling narratives with visualizations in order to support leaders to make better decisions and companies to gain a competitive advantage.
After taking this course, you’ll be able to use information from industry and scholarly sources to inform problem-solving and decision-making by:
- Identifying different methodologies for solving a business problem
- Applying industry standards to inform decision-making
- Utilizing industry frameworks to identify and solve emerging problems
You’ll also be adept at interpreting qualitative and quantitative data to answer business questions by:
- Creating data visualization to support informed decision-making
- Testing hypotheses to find the best method of addressing complex business questions
This course will also help you to develop the skill sets needed in order to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external audiences by understanding communication strategies, best practices and the impact of inclusive language in business settings.
If you are enrolled in the verified track (paid track) in any course that is a part of a MicroBachelors program, including this course, you are eligible for coaching at no additional cost. Please note that coaching is only available via SMS to U.S. phone lines.
Our coaches (real humans) are ready to help you with career exploration, navigating resources, staying motivated, and solving problems along the way to your goals.
Learn more about the value of coaching directly from one of our coaches, Erin.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data using various methodologies and frameworks
- Craft data visualizations for communicating complex topics to diverse audiences
- Effectively communicate important initiatives to diverse audiences of stakeholders