Data Management, Data Security and Robot Operating System as a Common Tool for IoT
About this courseSkip About this course
If you are interested in home automation and connected devices, this course is for you.
IoT security and privacy come as a big challenge with an increasing number of connected devices. Authors will guide you through the guideline and will show common vulnerabilities. After that part you will be able to make your work more secure.
There is a lot of software solution for IoT, and we'll focus on the popular open source framework OpenHAB. It provides an interface to connect and tune your device. The next tool for software development in the IoT field is the Robot Operating System. It's a common framework for robot programming but the special IoTbridge tool provides a bridge between ROS and the OpenHAB Home-Automation system.
We are staying on the way to Web3 technologies these make possible a peer-to-peer communication between devices. Now the traffic between machines becomes bigger than the traffic generated by people. And direct routing between devices became reasonable in a sense of sustainability and economy of IoT solutions.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in IoT: from hardware to practice
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Security and privacy guideline.
- Several cases of how to find and fix vulnerabilities.
- Robot Operating System programming introduction.
- IoT bridge library for device and software communication.
- OpenHAB as a common interface for home automatization and IoT.
- Peer-to-peer device communication.