What you will learn
Throughout the capstone, you will complete the following:
- Research and identify the needs of a user
- Apply ideation and visualization strategies to communicate solutions
- Apply feedback from user testing to revise or design new product or service possibilities
The capstone course, part of the Design Thinking MicroMasters program, will be a cumulative experience incorporating all aspects of the design thinking process, from end to end.In this course, you will be asked to solve a problem using the design thinking process. You will demonstrate your understanding by submitting a final project, along with documentation to support your findings.
The Design Thinking Capstone will contain a proctored component as well as project activities. To complete the proctored component you will need:
- A desktop or laptop computer that meets Software Secure's technical requirements for RPNow v2.x-3.x. Only computers with MacOS and Windows operating systems with the latest version of Adobe Flash are supported. Linux is not supported. Mobile devices or tablet computers cannot be used. Currently, macOS Mojave (version 10.14) is incompatible with the proctoring software.
- A webcam.
- A current, valid government-issued photo ID with your full name.
- A room with adequate lighting (daylight level).
There will be an opportunity for you to test your system compatibility in the capstone course before the verification deadline.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 23, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.