Choose your session:
7,073 already enrolled!
About this course
What you'll learn
Frequently Asked Questions
Ways to take this course
edX For Business
8–10 hours per week
Instructor-led on a course schedule
Optional upgrade available
Choose your session:
7,073 already enrolled! After a course session ends, it will be archivedOpens in a new tab.
Digital Technology and Innovation
About this courseSkip About this course
In developing the digital ecosystem, a CIO adds value by strategically infusing business with innovative digital technologies. This requires an understanding of the range of technologies that are transforming the way business is done. Additionally, a successful CIO must be able to manage the adoption, implementation, and diffusion of tech within an organization. This includes analyzing the role of innovation and executing change strategies.
This course helps prepare professionals for digital transformation skills at the intersection of business and technology.
At a glance
- Institution: IUx
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Information Systems
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- The role of the CIO
- Key topics in IT management, including management of IT investments, IT portfolios, vendors, talent, and organizational change
- IT project management including the role of Agile frameworks
- Cybersecurity and risk management
- Enterprise data management, business analytics, and machine learning
- The role of emerging technologies. such as blockchain and distributed trust, artificial intelligence, and robotic process automation
About the instructors
Who can take this course?Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.
Interested in this course for your business or team?
Train your employees in the most in-demand topics, with edX For Business.