Before you start
Familiarity with programming, and object-oriented design. Experience with the construction and use of APIs and basic design patterns.
What you will learn
You will learn how to:
- Use a business experimentation cycle to deliver desired business outcomes
- Use operational processes, modular design and agile methods to develop iterative, Small-loop experiments that create continuous improvement
- Use operational processes, modular design and agile methods to drive Small-loop experiments
- Identify the need for, and manage the risks inherent in, Big-loop experiments, used to drive disruptive change
- Manage the knowledge interfaces among the variety of experts involved in g Big-loop experiments
- Manage your technical and organizational infrastructures to drive a capability for experimentation at scale
Experimentation is a key capability for any business to develop and master. Learn how to leverage data to build knowledge and apply this knowledge to improve business outcomes and create strategic advantages.
This course is part of both the Digital Product Management and Digital Leadership MicroMasters programs. In it, you will learn to develop iterative business experiments using agile methods. This capability is central to digital businesses as it allows them to sustain competitive advantage through both incremental improvements as well as significant, disruptive innovations when opportunities and conditions warrant them.
This course focuses on experimentation across the three layers of a digital business:
(1) the capacity of the technical infrastructure to provide an iterative and operational process that uses experiments to gather data and develop knowledge
(2) the ability to use agile methods and manage the knowledge interfaces among experts at the organizational layer to derive insight from data to create knowledge and ultimately drive improvements in products and processes.
(3) the capability to use the technical and organizational infrastructures to drive experimentation at scale in order to deliver digital transformation.
BUx's Digital Leadership MicroMasters® Program
Earn a MicroMasters® Program Certificate in 1 year if courses are taken one at a time.View the program
- 24–36 hours of effort
Strategies for driving business success in the new digital economy.
- 28–56 hours of effort
Develop a new leadership mindset and the leadership skill sets required to lead digital transformation in your organization.
- 24–48 hours of effort
Learn how you can design, launch, monetize and compete in a networked platform market.
- Driving Digital Innovation through Experimentation
- 24–48 hours of effort
Learn how to lead your firm to make better business decisions using analytic methods and create competitive advantages from data.
Get started in computer scienceBrowse over 600 computer science courses