About this courseSkip About this course
Experimentation is a key capability for any business to develop and master. Learn how to leverage data to build knowledge and apply this knowledge to improve business outcomes and create strategic advantages.
This course is part of both the Digital Product Management and Digital Leadership MicroMasters programs. In it, you will learn to develop iterative business experiments using agile methods. This capability is central to digital businesses as it allows them to sustain competitive advantage through both incremental improvements as well as significant, disruptive innovations when opportunities and conditions warrant them.
This course focuses on experimentation across the three layers of a digital business:
(1) the capacity of the technical infrastructure to provide an iterative and operational process that uses experiments to gather data and develop knowledge
(2) the ability to use agile methods and manage the knowledge interfaces among experts at the organizational layer to derive insight from data to create knowledge and ultimately drive improvements in products and processes.
(3) the capability to use the technical and organizational infrastructures to drive experimentation at scale in order to deliver digital transformation.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
You will learn how to:
- Use a business experimentation cycle to deliver desired business outcomes
- Use operational processes, modular design and agile methods to d develop iterative, Small-loop experiments that create continuous improvement
- Use operational processes, modular design and agile methods to drive Small-loop experiments
- Identify the need for, and manage the risks inherent in, Big-loop experiments, used to drive disruptive change
- Manage the knowledge interfaces among the variety of experts involved in g Big-loop experiments
- Manage your technical and organizational infrastructures to drive a capability for experimentation at scale
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$399 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.