About this courseSkip About this course
In order to make decisions to move organizations forward, leaders will need to ensure that business goals are achievable and well-balanced while also taking into account the uncertainty of future developments. In a complex business environment, a sound strategy is the result of applying an analytical mindset and using a systematic approach to decision making.
This course will help you to build and apply an analytical toolkit including:
- stakeholder goal trees to develop a clear set of measurable goals,
- scenarios to prepare for future situations that may be different from what you expect,
- multi-criteria analysis to assess which decisions can help you reach your goals.
Upon completion of this course, you will be introduced to an analytical mindset and toolkit, and use these in order to write a managerial summary of a business situation analysis to inform an effective decision for your business strategy.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to use a systematic approach to successfully deal with complex decision situations
- How to develop stakeholder goal trees, draw up scenarios, and conduct a multi-criteria analysis
- How to employ an analytical mindset through writing a managerial summary of a business situation analysis that helps your organization move in the desired direction
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$125.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
The course materials of this course are Copyright Delft University of Technology and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) 4.0 International License.