About this course
The three modules comprise:
- 8.371.1x: Quantum states, noise and error correction
- 8.371.2x: Efficient quantum computing - fault tolerance and complexity
- 8.371.3x: Advanced quantum algorithms and information theory
A prior course (or strong background) in quantum mechanics is required. Knowledge of linear algebra is also strongly recommended, and other helpful math topics to know include probability and finite fields.
This course has been authored by one or more members of the Faculty of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Its educational objectives, methods, assessments, and the selection and presentation of its content are solely the responsibility of MIT.
For more information about MIT’s Quantum Curriculum, visit quantumcurriculum.mit.edu.
What you'll learn
- Fault-tolerant constructions for quantum computation
- Approaches to quantum supremacy
- Quantum algorithm complexity
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $49.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally