About this course
Learn how to handle different data types, understand mathematical notation, become proficient in handling data sets and summary statistics, and even get a sneak peek into how to be effective at making stctistical inferences and predictions, all told in a way to maximize your understanding—so that afterward, you can be well on your way toward analyzing data in any field or discipline.
What you'll learn
- Handle data sets for analysis purposes
- Understand beginning mathematical notation
- Work with different types of data
- Summarize data with distributions and graphs
- Apply summary statistics to analyze and understand data sets
- Calculate business metrics and KPIs to derive business value from data sets
- Apply basic inferential math to data
- Use tools to forecast future trends in data
Module 2: Summarizing Data with Distributions and Graphs
Module 3: Summary Statistics
Module 4: Business Statistics
Module 5: Introduction to Inferential Math and Forecasting
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Frequently asked questions
A: No. We will be using Excel Online for all applied portions of the course, with the exception of a lab in Module 5, where we will not require the desktop version of Excel and the applied portion is optional.
Q: Do I need a Windows computer to complete the course?
A: No. You can complete the labs using a computer running Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux.