What you will learn
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify the role of project management in organizational innovation.
- Determine innovative strategies to address organizational opportunities and problems relating to projects.
- Gauge the quality of available evidence in the domain of project management, and use this evidence to inform an effective course of action.
- Recognize the organizational, social and ethical implications associated with different project management strategies.
- Develop a portfolio approach to realize organizational and strategic benefits from projects.
Project management has emerged as a critical organizational capability in recent years. In parallel with this increased prominence has been the emergence of the “professional project manager,” supported by a sophisticated suite of project management tools and techniques.
Evidence-based project management will evaluate the accumulated data, evidence and research in support of different project management strategies, tools and techniques.
The critical thinking abilities, knowledge and decision-making skills developed in this course are particularly valuable for project managers, emergent leaders, and established managers.
This course is part of the Evidence-Based Management MicroMasters Program.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 20, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
– Previous student
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.