About this course
What you'll learn
Ways to take this course
edX For Business
2–3 hours per week
Progress at your own speed
Optional upgrade available
Faith and Finance
About this courseSkip About this course
This course provides a progressive, holistic, Christian theological framework, in dialogue with other religious traditions, for wise personal and institutional financial stewardship.
The course explores ways we connect faith and money in multiple areas of our lives. It seeks to increase financial literacy in religious leaders offering practical steps to reduce indebtedness and execute theologically and ethically informed financial planning both as individuals and as leaders within their respective institutions. The course offers guidance on building healthy nonprofit organizations and carrying out values-based fundraising.
At a glance
- Institution: BUx
- Subject: Humanities
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
What you’ll learn:
- How to employ principles, practices, and tools for wise financial stewardship
- Understanding of the long-term consequences of debt and steps for managing and reducing debt
- Ways to assess strategies for socially responsible investing
- Appraisal of financial reports and organizational features of faith-based non-profits
- Evaluation of approaches to faith-based fundraising
About the instructors
Interested in this course for your business or team?
Train your employees in the most in-demand topics, with edX For Business.