About this course
Family businesses are the most common type of enterprise in the world and perhaps the most complex. This business and management course will introduce you to the unique skills and knowledge needed to manage and sustain healthy family enterprises. Core topics include strategy, leadership, conflict resolution, entrepreneurship and communication.
From global firms like Nike, Heineken, Hermes, IKEA, Bharti Airtel, Toyota, Lee Kum Kee, and Hershey, to small local establishments, family firms drive economies and employment around the globe. This course is designed for anyone whose work intersects a family business – whether you are an entrepreneur, an owner, an employee, a family member or an advisor to family business.
Join two world-renowned experts who consult to 150+ families around the globe and acquire new skills and knowledge critical to longevity and success within family enterprises.
Made possible with the generous support of:
What you'll learn
- How to leverage family dynamics in order to improve business performance
- The power to enhance relationships among family, business owners and staff
- To create a framework of agreements and protocols to drive business success
- To implement a successful business strategy through shared family values and vision
- How to set up the next generation for successful leadership of the family enterprise
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally