About this courseSkip About this course
To be an effective agent of change, a healthcare administrator must have a foundational understanding of healthcare advocacy, law, and regulatory issues, as well as compliance. This course will focus on a wide range of important issues in health law, health policy and the factors at play when developing a strategic advocacy platform such as bioethics and informed consent. At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to identify health policies that promote quality, advocacy and system change within a healthcare organization.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Discuss health law
- Explain physician-patient relations within a legal context
- Interpret laws that shape access to health care
- Explore informed consent for medical treatment
- Evaluate medical malpractice suits within healthcare systems
- Inspect the utilization of bioethics in healthcare
- Describe methods for advocating in healthcare systems.
- Identify culturally competent advocacy strategies
- Assess a health policy change that promotes quality, advocacy and system change.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $199.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.