About this course
This capstone exam includes the evaluation of the competencies and performance tasks, which define a successful healthcare administrator.
This capstone exam is part of the DoaneX Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program that is designed to provide you with the in-depth knowledge and skills needed to be a successful healthcare administrator throughout various healthcare systems. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential, you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the seven DoaneX Healthcare Administration courses as well as pass this final capstone exam.
The capstone exam will test knowledge across all seven courses. It will be a webcam proctored timed exam.
What you'll learn
- How to use management and leadership frameworks, theories, and case studies to address complex issues in healthcare organizations;
- How to identify evidence based methods for planning, organizing, leading, and advocating for patients, families and communities in the public health sector;
- How to manage the economic environment in healthcare;
- How to apply Financial Management techniques to prepare budgets, financial forecasts, assess investment alternatives, and leverage capital structures within healthcare organizations;
- How to evaluate the value of new healthcare delivery systems and interventions on the basis of quality, safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness using accumulated data;
- How to evaluate health policy as it applies to industry economics, needs demands and quality of care;
- How to apply advocacy skills including quality of care, patients-rights, cultural competency and preventative care;
- How to demonstrate an understanding of healthcare system providers, financing, consumerism, past and future trends and regulatory and legal framework;
- How to apply leadership frameworks, skills and functions of management in planning, organizing leadership and systems control.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $300.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.