About this courseSkip About this course
- Who know they need to save but not how much.
- Who don’t know whether it would be better to put $100 in an IRA or to pay off $100 of their credit card balance.
- Who have never read their credit report.
- Who have both low auto insurance liability coverage and a low deductible.
- Who don’t know their liability coverage.
- Who don’t know what liability coverage is.
- Who would ever consider leasing a car instead of buying.
- Who own stocks but not mutual funds.
- Who own mutual funds but not index funds.
- Who don’t know what index funds or Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are.
- Who don’t know how much they are paying in mutual fund fees.
- Who are considering hiring a financial advisor.
- Who wonder how much savings they will need to retire.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Tips to start saving money
- How to prioritize spending
- Why you need an emergency fund
- How to lower your insurance costs
- Where to look up mutual fund fees
- How to set savings goals and financial goals
- How to save and invest
- About retirement planning
- How to improve your credit score
- When to file for Medicare and Social Security
- How to spend money in ways that make you happier
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $49.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally