There is one session available:
There is one session available:
Innovation and Creativity Management
About this courseSkip About this course
Business innovation is nothing without great ideas. But creativity can be difficult to spark on a schedule. It requires a steady hand to manage the creative process and move it forward in a productive way.
This course focuses on ways to manage creativity effectively and introduces a flexible and iterative innovation management process model. You will learn how to navigate a new product concept through all different stages:
The Development stage of an Innovation Project
- What are the key perspectives of problem solving activities in the development stage of the innovation process?
- How to use experimentation as a core activity of problem solving?
- How to utilize open innovation and the TRIZ method
The Launch and Nurture Stage
- What needs to be considered for the diffusion and adoption of an innovative product or service?
- How do Diffusion and Adoption work in this stage of an innovation launch?
- How to employ consumer reactions towards new products?
Launch and Project Review
- How to finalize an innovation launch?
- What are the key points of a project review?
Besides the online lectures you will engage in a series of exercises to deepen your understanding of the topic at hand. Real-life case studies and examples from companies will help you to better prepare for real-life situations in your company.
After completing this course you will improve your career qualifications as Product Manager , Engineer , Process Manager and Marketing Manager. Learners from the industries of Product Management , Engineering , Human Resources and Change Management already completed the course as well as Consultants and Entrepreneurs.
This course is part of the "Managing Technology & Innovation: How to deal with disruptive change" MicroMasters program designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential, you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the six courses of the RWTHx MicroMasters program.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Managing Technology & Innovation: How to deal with disruptive change
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to manage different types of innovation projects and how to gain your own understanding of the factors making it successful
- The role of creativity for innovation and how individual and organizational creativity can be raised
- The success factors on the level of an innovation project
- The importance of soft skills and leadership capabilities for managing innovation successfully
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"It was an excellent course, great experience. I'm proud and honored that I could get classes of such level through RWTH Aachen University, it is a great oportunity that we did not have 20 or 30 years ago. Youngsters should appreciate this chance."- Previous Learner
"A good balance between theoretical and practical concepts and tools. The workload is a described. It is a worthwhile course on its own, made better of you do the entire MicroMasters Program." - Previous Learner
About the instructors
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
Our MicroMasters program consists out of six courses. To gain the MicroMasters credential you need to complete all of the courses. You’re free to choose in which order you would like to take the courses but the chronological order is recommended.
There are always several courses open for enrollment in different runs. To avoid any confusion you’ll find a list of all start dates for the future courses in the different runs following.
It’s not necessary to complete all six courses of the same run to receive the MicroMasters Credential. It only matters that you received a certificate in all six courses in general.
MTI001x : Managing Disruptive Change
MTI002x : Customer-Centric Innovation
MTI003x : Innovation and Creativity Management
MTI004x : Thinking & Acting like an Entrepreneur
MTI005x : Strategic Management: From Intuition to Insight
MTI006x : Strategic Management: From Insight to Decision
MTI – Run 4
MTI004x – 30 January 2019
MTI005x – 27 March 2019
MTI006x – 29 May 2019
MTI – Run 5
MTI001x – 14 November 2018
MTI002x – 16 January 2019
MTI003x – 13 March 2019
MTI004x – 15 May 2019
MTI005x – 17 July 2019
MTI006x – 18 September 2019
MTI – Run 6
MTI001x – 06 March 2019
MTI002x – 08 May 2019
MTI003x – 10 July 2019
MTI004x – 11 September 2019
MTI005x – 06 November 2019
MTI006x – 15 January 2020
MTI – Run 7
MTI001x – 12 June 2019
MTI002x – 14 August 2019
MTI003x – 16 October 2019
MTI004x – 15 January 2020
MTI005x – 18 March 2020
MTI006x – 13 May 2020
MTI – Run 8
MTI001x – 25 September 2019
MTI002x – 27 November 2019
MTI003x – 29 January 2020
MTI004x – 25 March 2020
MTI005x – 27 May 2020
MTI006x – 29 July 2020
MTI – Run 9
MTI001x – 08 January 2020
MTI002x – 11 March 2020
MTI003x – 06 May 2020
MTI004x – 08 July 2020
MTI005x – 09 September 2020
MTI006x – 04 November 2020