There is one session available:
About this courseSkip About this course
Did you enjoy the Introduction to Bookkeeping course? Want to delve deeper into the realms of Financial Accounting? Or do you already have some prior knowledge of Bookkeeping and are simply looking to expand your knowledge base? Then this course is perfect for you.
Intermediate Bookkeeping goes one step further by introducing basic financial statements, as well as exploring some of the fundamental concepts that underpin the preparation of accounts.
This course is especially beneficial if you want to:
- Explore the preparation of financial statements
- Gain the knowledge to undertake a role as an accounting administrator/bookkeeper
- Understand the principles and concepts relating to maintaining financial records
- Prepare for the ACCA’s exam in Maintaining Financial Records (FA2)
If you are new to accounting, we’d recommend you start with the Introduction to Bookkeeping course. If you have prior knowledge or have already completed the introductory course, start learning right away.
This course does not offer an edX certificate but you can earn a certificate by sitting the relevant ACCA exam.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
In this course you will acquire the knowledge and understanding about the core concepts and principles that underpin the preparation of financial statements including how to prepare them.
The syllabus for this course will cover the following:
* Generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
* The principles and process of bookkeeping
* Preparation of journal entries
* Recording transactions and events
* Preparing the trial balance and correcting errors
* Extending the trial balance
* Accounting for Partnerships