About this courseSkip About this course
Is your team beginning to use Kubernetes for container orchestration? Do you need guidelines on how to start transforming your organization with Kubernetes and cloud native patterns? Would you like to simplify software container orchestration and find a way to grow your use of Kubernetes without adding infrastructure complexity? Then this is the course for you!
In this course, we'll discuss some of Kubernetes' basic concepts and talk about the architecture of the system, the problems it solves, and the model that it uses to handle containerized deployments and scaling.
This course offers an introduction to Kubernetes and includes technical instructions on how to deploy a stand-alone and multi-tier application. You’ll learn about ConfigMaps and Secrets, and how to use Ingress.
Upon completion, developers will have a solid understanding of the origin, architecture and building blocks for Kubernetes, and will be able to begin testing the new cloud native pattern to begin the cloud native journey.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- The origin, architecture, primary components, and building blocks of Kubernetes
- How to set up and access a Kubernetes cluster using Minikube
- Ways to run applications on the deployed Kubernetes environment and access the deployed applications
- Usefulness of Kubernetes communities and how you can participate.
- Welcome & Introduction
- From Monolith to Microservices
- Container Orchestration
- Kubernetes Architecture - Overview
- Installing Kubernetes
- Setting Up a Single Node Kubernetes Cluster Using Minikube
- Accessing Minikube
- Kubernetes Building Blocks
- Deploying a Stand-Alone Application
- Kubernetes Volume Management
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Advanced Topics - Overview
- Kubernetes Community
- Final Exam
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$149 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally