About this courseSkip About this course
The course begins with a basic review of the steps involved in troubleshooting a customer support case, from case assignment and scoping, to solution development, validation, and case closure. To support the troubleshooting process, the course provides tips and tricks on developing analytical solutions, troubleshooting best practices, and managing customer expectations. The course concludes with a look at how to handle customer objections to proposed solutions.
This course is not a technical troubleshooting course that focuses on troubleshooting specific product issues; rather, it provides introductory-level soft skills training on how to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot any support case, regardless of the product. At the completion of the course, the student will have gained an in-depth knowledge of the steps involved in troubleshooting a customer issue throughout its life cycle.
This is the third in a series of four courses that are targeted to individuals who are considering a move into IT Support.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Review the steps involved in troubleshooting a customer support case
- Examine best practices when assigning the problem and how to handle misroutes
- Understand what problem scoping is, why you must scope a problem, and the steps involved in scoping a case
- Identify how to find a solution based on the type of incident you’re dealing with, learn how to gather evidence and how to narrow down your research
- Understand how to execute your troubleshooting plan, from collaborating with other support agents, to transferring a case, to escalating a case
- Learn how to validate your solution, maintain customer satisfaction, and close a case
- Examine troubleshooting best practices, including how to employ the analytical solution matrix when developing a solution
- Understand how to manage customer expectations and how to manage customer objections to proposed solutions
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally