About this courseSkip About this course
Through this course, you'll explore areas of your school life where you can take action to make your school more human rights friendly. You'll learn about the opportunities and challenges you may face while trying to build a rights-respecting school life. Find out how you can build on your experience and relationships to make your school life more human rights friendly.
You will be challenged to regularly self-reflect on how human rights principles and standards can apply in your daily school life. You'll learn from your own experiences, and take part in discussions with other course participants to exchange ideas.
Be prepared for active learning, connecting with course participants from across the world, and becoming part of a global community dedicated to strengthening a human rights culture at school!
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Ways to explain the importance of fostering a school environment that is human rights friendly
- How to assess the human rights friendliness of your own school environment
- Practical steps you can take to make your school more human rights friendly
- How to design initiatives for advancing knowledge of and respect for human rights in your school
- How to advocate for a whole-school approach to strengthening a culture of human rights in your school
- How to apply strategies for gaining supporters inside and outside your school
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $49.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally