About this course
Note: This course is pilot course that will be run for one month to gather performance metrics.
Please note, the hands-on lab for this course must be completed in one session. It cannot be paused and restarted. Please allow yourself the entire 4-8 hours to finish the hands-on lab in one attempt.
What you'll learn
- How to defend your "company" from multi-step attack scenarios from simulated hackers.
- Discover how your network and services are vulnerable to hacker attacks.
- Understand how to implement security controls and prioritize the restoration of compromised services.
- Enable students to evaluate various Microsoft and non-Microsoft security services.
- Scenario 1: Front end attack using an e-mail that leads a compromise of a host and user’s credential theft
- Scenario 2: Data leak attack focuses data discovery and protection methods
- Scenario 3: Web server attack that leads to defacement/data leak
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally