About this courseSkip About this course
Want to take an AP Calculus class, but aren’t sure you are ready? Want to review some of your precalculus topics before your AP class begins? Want a preview of the big ideas of AP Calculus and math? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this math course is for you.
We’ll preview the concepts behind both derivatives and integrals as well as review many of the precalculus topics most relevant to AP Calculus such as: Trigonometric functions, Exponents & Logarithms, Sequences & Series, Limits.
*Advanced Placement® and AP® are trademarks registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these offerings.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to find rates of change
- How to use areas to turn rates of change into totals
- Review precalculus topics such as: Trigonometric Functions, Exponents & Logarithms, Sequences & Series, Limits
- Why Calculus?
- Lesson #1: Introduction
- Lesson #2: Rates of Change
- Lesson #3: Adding up the Changes
- Exponents & Logarithms
- Lesson #4: Working with Exponents
- Using Trigonometry
- Lesson #5: Review of Trigonometry
- The Concept of a Limit
- Lesson #6a: Limits at Finite Values – Graphical
- Lesson #6b: Limits at Finite Values – Numerical
- Lesson #6c: Limits at Infinity
- Series Basics
- Lesson #7a: Sequences and Series
- Lesson #7b: The Idea of Convergence
- Get Ready for AP Calculus
- Wrap up
- Final Exam
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$49 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally