On-Ramp to AP* Calculus
About this courseSkip About this course
Want to take an AP Calculus class, but aren’t sure you are ready? Want to review some of your precalculus topics before your AP class begins? Want a preview of the big ideas of AP Calculus and math? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this math course is for you.
We’ll preview the concepts behind both derivatives and integrals as well as review many of the precalculus topics most relevant to AP Calculus such as: Trigonometric functions, Exponents & Logarithms, Sequences & Series, Limits.
*Advanced Placement® and AP® are trademarks registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these offerings.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to find rates of change
- How to use areas to turn rates of change into totals
- Review precalculus topics such as: Trigonometric Functions, Exponents & Logarithms, Sequences & Series, Limits
- Why Calculus?
- Lesson #1: Introduction
- Lesson #2: Rates of Change
- Lesson #3: Adding up the Changes
- Exponents & Logarithms
- Lesson #4: Working with Exponents
- Using Trigonometry
- Lesson #5: Review of Trigonometry
- The Concept of a Limit
- Lesson #6a: Limits at Finite Values – Graphical
- Lesson #6b: Limits at Finite Values – Numerical
- Lesson #6c: Limits at Infinity
- Series Basics
- Lesson #7a: Sequences and Series
- Lesson #7b: The Idea of Convergence
- Get Ready for AP Calculus
- Wrap up
- Final Exam